McDaniels Marketing & the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce
McDaniels Marketing and McD Digital is recruiting a marketing intern who will support the marketing activities of its client: The Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce
This is essentially a double internship. Work location will rotate between McDaniels Marketing & Pekin Chamber offices with the majority of the time spent at McD for training and guidance.
Start date: January 2023 through the end of the 2023-2024 school year including the summer.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy working with all aspects of marketing and have the enthusiasm for learning and discovering emerging trends. Focus for this position will include social media, public relations, website maintenance, support at events/planning and special project responsibilities. Additionally, the position will support our public relations and marketing activities for one specific account: The Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce. Anticipated hours for this position range between 15 to 20 hours per week.
- Sponsor acknowledgement for the 4th of July Honor America Celebration and the Pekin Marigold Festival
- Write and post on all social media channels
- Execute website maintenance for www.discoverpekin.com and www.pekinchamber.com
- Perform analytics on social mediums to track growth and impact of channels on business
- Assist Chamber Director with public relations work
- Help to plan and manage Chamber events
- Support member-oriented activities
- Other marketing activities as assigned
- Perform some light copywriting with eblasts, web content, advertising
- Conduct ongoing industry research to leverage newest emerging social media trends where applicable; report and advise on findings
- Database management and outreach for new members
Knowledge, Skills & Attribute Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills in updating and maintaining websites including the Wordpress CMS
- Working understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, Pinterest, etc.
- Solid conceptual understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices and how they optimally work together
- Enthusiastic attitude towards technology and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Willingness to make Facebook posts daily, Tweets, blogging, etc.
- Creative thinking to identify fresh ideas on how to grow online presence
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- Can easily manage multiple assignments while maintaining deadlines
- Have reliable transportation
Majors: Marketing, Business, Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design