Position: Creative Copywriter / Account Manager
Reports to: Creative Director
This position is critical to both the Creative and Account Services Teams and works closely with the creative director and other account managers and copywriters. The work involves developing concepts and copy to be used in a wide variety of projects for business-to-business and consumer marketing communications, while working alongside account executives to manage projects and overall campaigns for assigned clients. Creative projects may include branding platforms; print, broadcast and outdoor advertising; collateral materials; corporate identities; displays and exhibits; videos, newsletters; news releases; digital and social media writing and promotional tools.
The development of creative concepts through finished copy that best communicates the client’s message... following set marketing goals...keeping consistent with an established image. Work within a time-management system in order to meet all deadlines and keep billable hours. During the creative process, submit all rough copy and concepts to the creative director, keeping supervisor informed and updated on progress. Assisting with production of audio and video projects will also be a must.
Editing & Proofreading
Edit rough copy, checking grammar, punctuation, etc.; proof final copy, layouts and finished art in order to catch errors and check corrections. As “master proofreader,” coordinate other proofreaders to ensure that jobs are as accurate as possible in terms of content and style.
Tracking and working directly on projects, proposals, new business pitches for assigned accounts. Follow up with clients regarding layout and copy changes, etc., and take client calls and emails. Responsible for providing clients with answers to specific questions within realm of knowledge, researching those that are not known off-hand and responding to client requests in an appropriate, timely manner. Attend outside functions and planning meetings with clients and agency teams.
From time to time, there may be a need to procure props for video work, assist in talent bookings, coordinate special events – handling purchase orders and contracts, assist with invoicing, media plans or to help plan special events for clients and/or the agency.
Expected to get to know every part of assigned accounts’ brands, strategies, and tactical plans.
Client Contact and Team Collaboration
Engage in client contact when required, developing a rapport and maintaining a professional relationship as assigned by AEs. Cooperate and work with others on creative team (creative director, art directors, copy writers, designers, and account executives).
- Attends creative team meetings scheduled by the Creative Director or in some cases the Account Executive, per the company’s designated creative process
- Manages projects from start to finish ensuring project goals and deadlines are achieved
- Make necessary updates in various website content management systems as directed
- Working understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, Pinterest, etc.
- Solid conceptual understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices and how they optimally work together
- Creative thinking to identify fresh ideas on how to grow an online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Contributes to discussions regarding clients’ projects
- Gains a deep understanding of each client, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, target audience and competitor activities
- Can think strategically and creatively
- Works well independently, but also works collaboratively with others as needed
- Partners with art directors on brand and concept development
- Writes and edits marketing communications copy from conception to completion
- Prepares copy concepts and copy drafts for internal/client review
- Provides final copy to designers after approval as needed
- Contacts clients directly as needed and when instructed to do so
- Helps to produce and direct audio and video production
- Incorporates client feedback as appropriate
- Acts with the client’s best interests in mind
- Contributes to RFP responses and client presentations
- Keeps up to date with trends in marketing communications
Education Required/Expertise Required
- Bachelors degree in Advertising, Marketing or English
- Has some creative experience either in school or in the workforce of 2 years
- Written and verbal communications are vital
- Proven ability to collaborate and team with others
- Takes initiative on projects and works independently without oversight
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Can write for wide-ranging mediums and different industries
- Demonstrates intelligent writing and strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- Has superior knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knows how to become an instant expert in a given topic through diligent research
- Displays strong project management and proofreading skills with excellent attention to detail
- Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industries, companies, products and services pertaining to a client’s business
- Can research, analyze, organize and arrange information in a concise and effective manner while keeping the target audience and project objectives in mind
- Has finely honed interviewing skills
- Can craft a message so that it makes sense to a specific audience
- Able to generate clear, persuasive copy
- Displays excellent word-processing skills
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibits innovation, curiosity, and a strong work ethic
- Public speaking and presentation skills (to assist with client meetings/presentations)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and website CMS products
- Proven leader possessing a positive attitude – team player, servant mind-set
Full-time Position is based at our main office in Pekin, IL (Peoria IL Metro area)
- Competitive hourly pay
- 401K and Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Group dental insurance
- Discounts on pet insurance
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Holiday and year-end bonuses
- Fun, fast paced environment
- The opportunity to work with some really cool, talented people who know how to get results.
- Learn multiple industries including healthcare, agriculture, finance, tourism and more.
*See employee handbook for details and eligibility requirements.