Social Media, Web & Public Relations Internship
McDaniels Marketing and McD Digital are looking for a Social Media, Web and Public Relations Intern!
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy working with all aspects of marketing and have the enthusiasm for learning and discovering emerging trends. Focus for this position will include social media activities and public relations responsibilities for specific clients. Additionally, the position will support our public relations and marketing activities for one specific account: The Illinois Society for Healthcare Marketing & Public Relations. (it’s really what you call a double internship)! Anticipated hours for this position range between 10 – 20 hours per week, which largely will depend on schedule availability. We encourage you to apply for both the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Execute activities to support social media plans
- Create new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Upload multimedia files to social channels such as videos, photo albums, etc.
- Perform analytics on social mediums to track the growth and impact of channels on business
- Make necessary updates in various website content management systems as directed
- Assist our public relations and media director with managing PR accounts as well as reputation management reporting.
- Provide assistance in managing healthcare association duties associated with membership renewals, healthcare conferences, and awards submissions.
- Other marketing activities as assigned
- Perform some light copywriting with e-blasts, web content, small online ads.
- Conduct ongoing industry research to leverage newest emerging social media trends where applicable; report and advise on findings
Knowledge, Skills & Attribute Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, Pinterest, etc.
- Solid conceptual understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices and how they optimally work together
- Enthusiastic attitude towards technology and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Willingness to make Facebook posts daily, Tweets, blogging, etc.
- Creative thinking to identify fresh ideas on how to grow an online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- Can easily manage multiple assignments while maintaining deadlines
- Have reliable transportation
Ideal Majors: Marketing, Business, Communications, Public Relations