Destination Marketing that Inspires and Motivates
Catchy slogans set to kitschy music and travel brochures that only list facts are a thing of the past when it comes to destination marketing. Today’s travelers want something more. They want to feel a connection to the destination beyond what they can pull up on their smartphone. They don’t want facts and figures. They want to hear the stories… and get an authentic look at all you have to offer. That’s where we make a difference. McD Marketing paints such a true picture of your destination that people not only come visit, they start seeing themselves living and working there, too.
McD helps increase hotel/motel tax revenue three years in a row!
Over a three-year period, McD created and implemented numerous new marketing strategies including a new tourism website, an online magazine, print & digital advertising campaigns, eblasts, social media videos and an online directory — all with the goal of boosting visitor numbers and increasing motel/hotel tax revenue for the entire Galena and Jo Daviess County. Results improved across the board, including a 656% increase in mobile website traffic, over 20,000 video views and direct bookings from The Galena County Journal, and hotel/motel tax revenue up by an average of 6.3% three years in a row!
McD will help your destination get dramatic results.
- Develop or redefine your brand. Narrowing in on what your brand represents gives visitors a true look at all you offer.
- Create content that tells your story. Captivating creative — words, pictures, videos and social media posts — give visitors a true picture of what to expect out of a visit from your destination.
- Encourage engagement through responsive websites and social media. Fresh original content can be sliced and used to engage visitors on social media. Map a trail from social media to your website that invites them to interact and engage.
- Blend an effective digital marketing plan with the right mix of print and other media. Employ the latest retargeting techniques along with print ads, permission-based email marketing, video pre-roll advertising, social media advertising and much more to get in front of your target audience.
- Earn more media coverage. Clever and aggressive PR techniques help communicate the unique lure of the area to the press and travel writers/bloggers.
- Support your strategy with outstanding fulfillment materials. Experience guides, restaurant/pub tour guides and special event eblasts all help tell your destination’s story. You can also tailor them to specific audiences and interests.
- Develop motivating, fun videos and social media content. Engage visitors with stories that move and motivate.
- Get visitors to see you beyond a destination and as a great place to live and work, too. Bring life to your destinations with more than just visitors. McD will help you grow with economic development and attract new residents through engaging video, website and social media interactions.
Vacant to Vibrant – McD Captures the Story of Change
Our team is ready to get to work for you. Give us a challenge. We're up to the task.