Reports to: Beth Geier, Vice President
This marketing specialist position is responsible for supporting agency new business growth and client support in a variety of ways from prospecting potential new business contacts to preparing proposals and assisting with client service. These activities will be done in collaboration with our existing account executive and account management teams. Plans and proposals will be prepared through careful marketing research and data interpretation. Information and insight regarding the evaluation of demographics, industry markets and competition, pricing and campaign effectiveness will deliver ROI through measured performance and effective marketing decision making.
You will be directly responsible for working with the digital team to and help manage the agency’s promotional efforts and maintain a vibrant social media presence to keep new business coming in the door to enable the agency and its divisions to reach their goals….
General office support will be another duty of this position.
- New business research within targeted industry niches and geographical territories.
- Support of new business solicitation efforts through direct mail, phone, email and social media
- Identifying new market opportunities
- Conducting market research to analyze competitive markets; determine brand perceptions; evaluate market penetration; understand customer needs and beyond
- Create dynamic written proposals
- Building marketing dashboards that visualize KPIs
- Current understanding and implementation of pay-per-click, search engine optimization, social media, Google analytics and data analysis
- Ability to manage and coordinate RFP’s
- Integrate data into our agency management system
- Making presentations and fielding questions, instilling confidence
- Client contact/service support – engage in client contact when requested.
- General clerical support for accounts receivables, including preparing and sending client invoices
- General copywriting and proof reading, including but not limited to agency social and monthly blog
- Office filing and organization
- This is a deadline/results-driven and competitive industry; you will never be bored.
- To be successful in establishing yourself in this position, in-person collaboration with the team is necessary which requires the candidate to work at the main office of McDaniels Marketing in Pekin, IL 5 days a week. Remote work and flextime opportunities will be afforded once acclimated to the position, team, and clients. Additional hours at trade shows, conferences, and trips to and from client locations will also be required on occasion.
- BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising
- Minimum 1-3 years in marketing, research and/or sales
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales and business processes
- Experience with web analytics and other online strategies
- General understanding of PPC & SEO management, reporting, and analytical tools
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, detail oriented
- Strong project management, business writing and reporting skills
- Solid business acumen, with problem-solving ability and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal savvy, ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Computer savvy; Microsoft Office skills
- Deadline driven, able to multitask and handle the pressure of the industry
- Ability to travel as required
- Competitive Salary with opportunities for commission
- 401K and Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Substantial bonuses
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Flexible hours
- Fun, fast paced environment
- The opportunity to work with some really cool, talented people who know how to get results
- Learn multiple industries including healthcare, agriculture, finance, tourism and more