Destination Marketing that Inspires and Motivates
Catchy slogans set to kitschy music and travel brochures that only list facts are a thing of the past when it comes to destination marketing. Today’s travelers want something more. They want to feel a connection to the destination beyond what they can pull up on their smartphone. They don’t want facts and figures. They want to hear the stories… and get an authentic look at all you have to offer. That’s where we make a difference. McDaniels Marketing paints such a true picture of your destination that people not only come visit, but they also start seeing themselves living and working there, too.
McDaniels doubles website traffic in just one year!
To refresh the LeClaire, IA, brand as a weekend getaway targeting specific overnight markets based on local lodging property research, McDaniels Marketing highlighted the unique appeal of the city’s small, locally owned shops, restaurants and entertainment spaces. This shifted the promotional mix to 55% digital display, search and video advertising, 25% local and regional print, and 20% local television. Public awareness boomed as VisitLeClaire.com gained a 99.8% increase in traffic over the course of a year, and the Visit LeClaire Instagram page saw a 50% increase in followers. Read more here.
McDaniels will help your destination get dramatic results.
- Interviewing the locals and destination partners to define your location's unique lure.
- Executing the necessary visitor intercept research to get the pulse and make-up of the visitor population.
- Researching and developing a multi-layered marketing plan for the destination that meets your required objectives.
- Telling your story to the visitor - through captivating words, pictures and video... online and offline.
- Designing, building and writing informative, responsive websites that invite interaction.
- Planning and executing an effective digital marketing plan blended with the right mix of print and other media. This includes the latest retargeting techniques along with permission-based email marketing, video pre-roll advertising, social media advertising and so much more.
- Gaining more earned media coverage through clever and aggressive PR techniques that communicate the lure of the area to the press and travel writers/bloggers.
- Supporting your strategy with outstanding fulfillment materials such as visitor guides, restaurant/pub tour guides, special event eblasts, etc.
- Directing photo shoots, developing motivating, fun videos and social media content to engage the visitor.
- Hitting KPI's through efficient measurement tools and reports that are easy to understand and show the value we provide.
McDaniels Captures a Lifetime of Memories
Our experts are ready to do a total marketing makeover or collaborate with your existing team! Contact us today.