Account Executive, Business Development
Reports To: President
Acquisition of New Business for all divisions within McDaniels Marketing, as well as our digital division, McD Digital to include website development, content management systems, animation and games, social media, SEO/SEM, and more. This position will also focus on selling traditional agency services including marketing strategy, branding, advertising, public relations, marketing research and exhibits.
New clients and new relationships are imperative. Further definition consists of researching potential clients within agency client/budget size requirements, contacting these potential clients through mail, phone and personal solicitation. A key element to fulfillment of goals is working together with the president, account managers, VP, media, and creative team to develop the concepts and plans necessary to win the account or project.
Client Service and Advisory Role
An account manager will be assigned to each account you land. In most cases, you will stay on the team during the first year of the account. After that time, a decision will be made as to whether you remain on the account service team or move on to focus on more new business acquisition. You will not be tied up with day-to-day project management, but you will have input on strategy and execution.
- Prospect potential new clients that align with agency’s philosophy and core values as well as the industries at which we excel.
- Industries of Focus: Healthcare, Tourism, Agriculture, B2B Industrial, Finance, Consumer Products and Services
- Work with the McD team to develop complete marketing plans and proposals that are in tune to client goals and objectives.
- Work with the entire agency staff and coordinate all your account activities within the agency in a professional manner. Be a leader with a positive attitude mixed with a dash of reality, and do not hesitate to ask for help.
- With the assistance of account coordinators and project managers, supply clients with competitive cost quotations/proposals when necessary – maximize profitability in all areas.
- Make sure all necessary agency personnel are kept informed of pertinent information to fulfill their tasks.
Education and Skills Required:
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Advertising or Related Business Field
- At least 2 years of experience in sales, preferably advertising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tenacity but taste (aggressiveness without being overbearing)
- Ability to organize the agency new business effort including shows, conferences, new business mailings, email marketing, social media, etc.
- Follow-ups and commitment to blocking time for calls, emails and personal visits to prospective clients
Competitive Base Salary Plus Commission
This is a high income opportunity for someone who will commit to the process and thrive!
- Health Insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
- 401K plus Profit sharing (lump sum distribution) Once you qualify.
- Vision discount card
- Group dental (shared expense)
- Pet insurance at group rates
- Merit and performance bonuses
- PTO 8 days first year after 60 working days
- PTO 15 days 2nd year