Account Executive, Business Development
Reports To: President
Do you love the business of marketing? Enjoy landing clients and achieving results for them? Leading a team of talented professionals? Looking for a place that offers massive long-term growth?
McDaniels Marketing is Remarkably Uncommon. How could you fit into our winning culture?
Account Executive (Full Time)
McD serves clients all over the United States and the world
HQ: Pekin, IL (Peoria Metro Area)
Rockford, Springfield, Quad Cities, Milwaukee, WI South Haven, MI
At McDaniels Marketing, we’re looking for an energetic, experienced and self-driven Account Executive to oversee the long-term growth and prosperity of McDaniels Marketing and its digital division, McD Digital. Of course, selling traditional marketing agency services — including marketing strategy, branding, advertising, public relations, marketing research and exhibits is a big part of this role. However, it’s your ability to establish burgeoning relationships with exciting new clients across a spectrum of industries that is the key to success. You’ll research potential new clients, reach out to them through mail, phone calls, or personal solicitation, and work closely with the entire marketing team to craft a marketing strategy that prompts an audible, “Wow!” from the client, or maybe a gasp or “whoa” — we’re not picky.
Client Service & Advisory Role
Account Managers are assigned to each account they land. That means you stay on the client team during the first year of the account, after which you remain on the client service team or move on to focus on even more business acquisition — which, judging by the fact that you’ve landed this new client, is clearly one of your strong suits. So, while you won’t be tied up in the day-to-day details of project management, you will be on board to provide advice and input on strategy and execution.
- Prospect potential clients that align with the agency’s philosophy and core values, as well as the industries in which we excel. Primary industries of focus include:
- B2B industrial
- Consumer products and services
- Work with the McDaniels Marketing and client teams to develop complete marketing plans and proposals that align with client goals and objectives.
- Work with the entire agency team to coordinate all account activities within the agency in a professional manner. In this position, we’re looking for leaders with positive attitudes and a peppering of reality — that is, people who aren’t afraid to ask for some help from time to time.
- With the assistance of other Account Managers and Project Managers, supply clients with competitive cost quotes and proposals when necessary — maximize profitability in all areas.
- Ensure all necessary team members are kept informed of pertinent information to complete their tasks.
Education & Skills Needed:
- Four-year degree in Marketing, Advertising or related business field
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in the field of marketing, advertising or promotion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tenacity with taste
- Ability to organize agency new business efforts, including shows, conferences, new business mailings, email marketing, social media, etc.
- Ability to follow up and commit to blocking time for calls, emails and visits to prospective clients
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary plus commission — This is a high-income opportunity for anyone who can commit to the process and thrive!
- Other sweet perks include:
- Health insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- 401K plus profit-sharing (lump sum distribution) once you qualify
- Vision discount card
- Group dental insurance (shared expense)
- Pet insurance at group rates
- Merit and performance bonuses
- Year-end and holiday bonuses
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Group outings and events
- Continuing education
- Fun travel opportunities
McDaniels Marketing (origin 1966) and McD Digital (origin 1998) are proven to drive results for clients in agriculture, tourism, healthcare and finance, as well as industrial and consumer products and services.
Think you’re up for the challenge? We’d love to hear from you!